Saturday 28 July 2018

16TH INTERNATIONAL CHAMPAGNE DAY

So it is the time of the year when I usually sum up what I have been drinking in the past year and let my beloved reader know what were the outstanding tipples.

Previously, I had raved about the Chardonnay Jewel of Champagne, namely Mesnil-Sur-Oger's cooperative branded, Le Mesnil, however there was another nectar that I have yet to mention and write about separately.

I also reunited myself with Bonnaire which became my go to when I visited many of my friends across Europe. Elegance and richness of the cuvees make them an outstanding nectar at a very good price, but, sadly, and probably for the better, access to it in certain countries isn't great.

At last, but of course not least, and I will write about the following tipple in a greater details soon, was an unheard-of tipple from Bouzy under the brand of Pierre Paillard.

So despite the considerably reduced Champagne intake of the last year, there is still space for new and exciting creations from this sensational region.

And these are just my suggestions for this year's International Champagne Day; as always.

Enjoy the 18th August 2018 and toast to the greatest drink at 18:00 wherever on earth you might be!

Think, Drink, Believe Champagne!


No comments:

Post a Comment